Gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, paleo
With Mother's Day coming up this weekend it's a great time to treat your Mama with these blueberry scones and a cup of tea. Or if you're a Mama, maybe print off this recipe and casually leave it on the counter as a subtle hint of something you'd like to see on your breakfast in bed tray ;)
These scones are the perfect treat for anyone that is dealing with food sensitivities because they are dairy-free, gluten-free, and nut-free. And while they do have eggs, you can easily substitute with duck eggs. Since I'm sensitive to chicken eggs, I always substitute with duck eggs and it works like a charm. Plus it means no nasty eczema breakouts for me!
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a medium mixing bowl mix together flour, baking soda and salt
- In another mixing bowl, combine butter, honey, vanilla and eggs. Mix with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir to combine
- Stir in blueberries
- Pour into a 9" round baking pan
- Bake for 30-45 min, until a tooth pick comes out clean
Welcome to the blog! You can find all kinds of goodies on here, recipes, health information, and all my latest updates. Have fun exploring!