Paleo, whole30, keto, gluten-free, slow cooker
Carnitas, AKA pulled pork tacos. Need I say more? This recipe is super simple to make and since it's a crockpot meal it make for an easy week night dinner. I've been making these on repeat for taco Tuesday every week for nearly 2 months and I couldn't be happier about it.
While these could be served straight out of the crock pot, I highly recommend you take the extra step and broil the shredded pork in the oven for a couple minutes to get some delicious crispy bits. Sure it takes a couple extra minutes but it is well worth it!
I usually serve these up with my cassava flour tortillas and it's a match made it heaven. But if you prefer a lower carb option than a lettuce leaf works great.
Everyone that I've made these for are big fans, including Finn, my nearly one year old. These carnitas are by far his favourite meal. He would eat these all day every day if I allowed it. He likes them served up with sauerkraut (another favourite of this), I prefer avocado, cilantro, and pineapple. The pineapple is the perfect sweet/tangy flavour combo to the savoury pork... so good!
If you give this recipe a try, share it on social media and make sure to tag me! I love seeing you guys make my creations and hearing what you think about them.
- Pat meat dry and rub with olive oil
- Combine spices in a small bowl and rub evenly over the meat
- Place meat in the crock pot, along with onions, garlic, and broth
- Cut lime in half and squeeze juice into the crock pot. Place lime halves on top of meat
- Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours or on high for 3 -4 hours.
- Pull apart with two forks (or with a handheld mixer)
- Spread evenly over a parchment-lined baking sheet. Broil in the oven for 3 - 5 minutes until the meat starts to crisp
- Remove from oven and serve with your favourite taco fixings!
Welcome to the blog! You can find all kinds of goodies on here, recipes, health information, and all my latest updates. Have fun exploring!