Gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo option
Thai food is probably my favourite take out food, not that I have it very often. Partially because I hardly ever get take out and partially because I live in the boonies and there are no thai restaurants around. Luckily pad thai is really simple to make and I don't have to worry about any weird ingredients that the restaurant might be adding.
I have made this recipe with either rice noodles or zucchini noodles and it turns out great both ways! Of course the zucchini noodles don't really need to be cooked before adding them to the recipe. I usually spiralize them while the chicken is cooking and add them in near the end so they basically just have enough time to heat through without getting mushy. If you'd ever overcooked zucchini noodles you know just how fast it can happen and how it can really ruin a great meal.
Next time you're craving thai food, you'll definitely want to try out this recipe at home. Once you see how easy and tasty it is you'll be rethinking that take out order.
- Whisk together all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside
- Cook chicken over medium heat in a large skillet until almost fully cooked
- Add peppers and sauté until tender
- Stir in cooked noodles and sauce, stirring occasionally until the sauce has reduced slightly
- Add carrots and bean sprouts, stir to combine
- Garnish with green onions, cilantro and peanuts
Welcome to the blog! You can find all kinds of goodies on here, recipes, health information, and all my latest updates. Have fun exploring!