Dairy-free, paleo, gluten-free, grain-free
Chicken can get a little boring, am I right? Especially when it's prepared the same ol' way every time. I promise you this chicken dish is anything but boring! It's so creamy, and delicious that you'll keep coming back for more.
What's even better than a great tasting dinner? When it involves the least amount of dishes as possible! This dish is prepared all in the same pan which make it super simple and cuts down on the clean up.
I served up this Mushroom Chicken over spaghetti squash with an arugula salad but you can get creative with the side dishes. A baked sweet potato, broccoli or your favourite gluten-free pasta would all be great options.
You can also get creative with the type of mushrooms that you use to suit your personal preferences. I normally use a mixture of cremini and porcini but you can use any blend that you like! I do like to mix it up on occasion and try different flavours to see how they change the taste of the dish. I've tried a number of mushroom combinations and haven't been disappointed yet!
- Brown chicken in ghee in a large cast iron pan
- Cover and cook on medium until fully cooked, flipping once
- Remove chicken and set aside
- Slice mushrooms and sautée in the same pan, adding more ghee if needed
- Add arrowroot starch and stir until mushrooms are fully coated
- Pour in milk and broth. Simmer on medium low to thicken
- Stir in nutritional yeast, garlic, salt, pepper and lemon juice
- Add spinach and stir to allow the heat to wilt the spinach into the sauce
- Add the chicken back into the pan and cover with sauce
- Serve with a generous helping of the mushroom sauce and enjoy!
Welcome to the blog! You can find all kinds of goodies on here, recipes, health information, and all my latest updates. Have fun exploring!