Winter seems to be dragging on here in Ottawa but this Curried Carrot Soup is just what you need to warm up your days. Plus it's loading with nutrients and flavour so your tastebuds and your body will be thanking you!
Carrot soup is a staple in my household, especially in these cooler months. Usually I make a ginger carrot soup but this time I was looking for even more flavour! I definitely accomplished it with the addition of curry spices and just a hint of heat with the cayenne. I love of the fresh cilantro on top to really balance out the flavour as well. If you tolerate dairy, a goat cheese crumble or greek yogurt on top would also be a great addition!
- Sautee onions, garlic, celery, carrots and ginger in ghee until tender
- Stir in curry powder, cayenne, turmeric, salt and pepper
- Add broth and bring to a boil
- Simmer on medium low heat until carrots are cooked through and soft
- Transfer mixture to a blender or food processor (make sure the blender or food processor has somewhere to vent. I cover the middle section of my vitamix with a tea towel to allow the steam to escape). Blend on high until fully pureed and smooth. Add lemon juice and blend to combine.
- Pour into individual bowls and top with cilantro.
Welcome to the blog! You can find all kinds of goodies on here, recipes, health information, and all my latest updates. Have fun exploring!