Grilling season is upon us! For those of us in Ottawa it seemed like we'd be stuck in the dead of winter forever. But we've finally made it to the other side I'll be eating everything bbq-ed for the foreseeable future. This grilled pineapple salsa is the perfect addition to all your summer meals. It's bright, fresh, and the perfect balance of sweet and tangy.
Salsa is already one of my favourite condiments but add pineapple and it's even better. Grill that pineapple and boom! It's perfection.
You can serve this up with pretty much anything; chips, burgers, tacos, whatever suits your fancy, My personal fav is to top my carnitas with this salsa. It's a match made it heaven!
- Grill pineapple rings on BBQ until browned char lines appear, about 3 - 5 mins per side. Allow to cool completely and finely chop. .
- Add finely diced tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, and pineapple to a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir in cilantro, garlic, lime zest, lime juice, and salt.
- Mix to combine and slightly breakdown.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Welcome to the blog! You can find all kinds of goodies on here, recipes, health information, and all my latest updates. Have fun exploring!