Paleo, grain-free, vegan
Finally a gluten-free tortilla that doesn't crumble, break, or basically just plain suck! These are so simple to make, only have 3 ingredients and are leaps and bounds better than any tortilla you can buy (gluten-free or gluten-full!)
I've you've been following my recipes on here for a while you know that I have a serious love affair with cassava flour. It has worked perfectly in almost every recipe I've tried. These tortillas really take the cake though, they are hands down my best cassava flour creation to date. That's probably why they've made they're way into my weekly meal rotation. Every week I plan to make extra to freeze but even when I double the recipe we still end of eating them all before I get the chance to freeze them!
I've seen recipes like this one floating around on pinterest but every time I tried them the tortilla dough either ended up too wet and sticky or too dry and crumbly, and in one major failed attempt, they ended in as some strange gelatinous mess, Yuck! So I gave up on those recipes and took matters into my own hands. This is the ratio and method that works best for me after making this recipe week after week for a few months now. I hope you like them as much as I do!
You'll see them used below with some delicious Carnitas. I won't leave you hanging too long for that recipe. You can find it here next week... trust me you don't want to miss it!
- In a medium mixing bowl slowly stir water and oil into the cassava flour until a dough is formed.
- Divide dough into 6 equal balls
- Place ball between two pieces of parchment paper and roll with a rolling pin until 1/8" thick
- Heat a frying pan (cast iron works best) over medium heat. DO NOT ADD OIL!
- Remove the top layer of parchment and flip the tortilla onto the pan. peel away the bottom piece of parchment (now on the top)
- Cook 3-5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Flip and repeat
- Repeat this process until all tortilla are cooked.
- Serve up with whatever floats your bloat - tacos, carnitas, veggies, tuna salad, PB & J, falafels, the possibilities are endless!
Welcome to the blog! You can find all kinds of goodies on here, recipes, health information, and all my latest updates. Have fun exploring!