Spring is finally here and it has me craving all the fresh, citrus flavours. That even includes sweet treats, which is a departure from my usual chocolate treats but lemon sweets are my hubby's favourite. So I was inspired to create a healthier version of the classic lemon poppy seeds loaf and it definitely does not disappoint!
Best of all, no one would even know that it was a healthier option! It tastes just the real deal because it's full of that lemony goodness! My favourite part is the simple glaze that is poured over top of the loaf. It adds more lemon flavour but it also makes the load super moist.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together honey and butter. Add eggs one at a time and beat until creamy. Stir in lemon juice, zest, vanilla and milk
- Add in flour, baking soda and poppy seeds and stir until fully combined
- Pour into a parchment lined loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Whisk together honey and lemon juice for the glaze in a small mixing bowl
- Once the loaf is done, poke holes in the top with a toothpick every 1/2 inch. Pour glaze over top of the loaf, allowing it to drip into the hole.
- Cool and enjoy!
Welcome to the blog! You can find all kinds of goodies on here, recipes, health information, and all my latest updates. Have fun exploring!