Summer is here and that means... grill all the things! Bonus points if it's skewers because food just tastes better on a stick right?? Anytime you fire up the grill if instantly feels like summer but one you combine that feeling with the fresh and bright flavours of these mango lime chicken skewers, it really is a match made in heaven.
I love the balance of flavours with this recipe; the sweetest of the mangos mixed with the sour in the limes and some heat with the hot sauce really balances everything out. Is it weird when I compliment myself on my own recipes? Sometimes it feels a bit odd, but I love to get in the kitchen, play around, make some fun recipes and if they are winners I need to share them with all of you!
Regardless, these chicken skewers are so incredibly tasty and they would make a great addition to any summer BBQ you have coming up. Give them a try and let me know what you think!
- cut chicken into strips, about a 1/4 inch thick, and place in an airtight container.
- add all other ingredients into a blender and blend on high until fully combined.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken strips and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours, but you can prepare a day in advance and let marinate for up to 24 hours.
- NOTE: if using wooden skewers, soak in water for a minimum of 30 minutes prior to cooking
- Skewer the chicken strip and grill over medium heat until chicken is cooked through
- top with cilantro
Welcome to the blog! You can find all kinds of goodies on here, recipes, health information, and all my latest updates. Have fun exploring!