If this isn't drool worthy, I don't know what is. I'm kicking off pumpkin spice season with these paleo pumpkin spice waffles and they are a definite winner! The perfect combination of crunchy and soft, spicy and sweet. They may just become a Sunday brunch regular!
Fun fact, I made these waffles on the waffle iron that I got for Christmas when I was 11 or 12 years old. Even then I had a love for cooking and kitchen gadgets, I should have know I'd end up here! Then again, the following year I asked and got a papasan chair for Christmas when my love of home reno shows came in full force. How great was Trading Spaces though! Anyway, nothing gets me off topic more than kitchen gadgets and HGTV.
With September marking the beginning of the ever important pumpkin spice season I knew I wanted to create something a little different. I already have a few pumpkin recipes on the blog, but I wanted to make something new. Then I remembered I had my trusty (approx. 17 year old) waffle iron in the basement and I knew I had to get into the kitchen and start recipe testing. Here's my other pumpkin spice recipes if you want to check them out as well;
Raw Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin Spice Golden Milk Latte
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer's guidelines
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together pumpkin, eggs,melted butter/coconut oil, milk, honey, vanilla and apple cider vinegar.
- Add flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and sea salt. Mix until fully combined
- pour 2/3 cup of batter into waffle iron (1/3 cup per waffle), seal and cook until slightly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Most waffle irons have a light that will indicate when they are done
- Serve with maple syrup, fresh berries, nuts, whatever floats your boat!
Welcome to the blog! You can find all kinds of goodies on here, recipes, health information, and all my latest updates. Have fun exploring!