Paleo, vegan options, gluten-free, grain-free
Happy Canada day! These strawberry bars will make the perfect patriotic addition to your long weekend plans but whether you're Canadian or not you'll love these tasty treats! Plus they are paleo, with a vegan option as well!
I love nothing more than a paleo and vegan treat! Why? Because it normally means that I can eat everything in it without any food sensitivity reactions. When something is paleo and vegan it automatically omits grains eggs, and dairy, which are my 3 main sensitivities. The downfall? Coconut oil. Sadly I'm also intolerant to coconut and many paleo and/or vegan recipes call for coconut oil. Luckily I can handle butter and it works as a great substitute for coconut oil. Regardless you can use either one in this recipe and it will turn out great!
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix all base ingredients together until well combined in smooth
- Press into a 9x7 pan
- Bake for 12-15 mins until top is golden brown
- Let cool completely
- In a high speed blender or food processor blend all ingredients together until fully combined and smooth, you may need to stop and scrap down the sides or use tamper to allow the cashews to fully break down
- Spread evenly over cooled based
- In a small mixing bowl stir together diced strawberries, honey and chia seeds
- Spread evenly over filling
- Refrigerate for a minimum of two hours before serving
Welcome to the blog! You can find all kinds of goodies on here, recipes, health information, and all my latest updates. Have fun exploring!