Gluten-free, paleo, dairy-free
Just because you've chosen to improve your health and make better food choices doesn't mean you have to give up on your favourite foods. Including chinese "take out"! While you can't get this Sweet and Sour Chicken delivered, it is surprisingly easy to make and so so worth it. It tastes just like the real deal!
You can serve this up with white rice or cauliflower rice, either way the sweet and sour sauce tastes great on anything! You can also easily make this dish ahead of time, store in the fridge and simply heat up when your ready to eat. Making it a great option for when you're entertaining. I love any dish that keeps me out of the kitchen as much as possible when guests are over so I can spend as much time as possible with them.
The trick to getting that nice thick sauce that sticks to the chicken and veggies is arrowroot starch and a little bit of time. Arrowroot starch really helps to thicken things up. I always use it when making gravies. Combine that with a little bit of time to really let the sauce reduce and you've got that take out-worthy sauce!
- Add honey, apple cider vinegar, tamari, tomato paste and sesame oil into a medium mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Add chicken into another mixing bowl and stir in arrowroot starch. Mix until chicken is evenly coated
- Sautee chicken in a large skillet with ghee over medium heat until browned and almost fully cooked
- Add onions and peppers, cook until tender, staring occasionally
- Add sauce to pan and simmer until chicken is cooked through and the sauce has reduced.
Welcome to the blog! You can find all kinds of goodies on here, recipes, health information, and all my latest updates. Have fun exploring!